For a lot of Landlords, renting out their property is the best solution for them – but the thought of dealing with any maintenance issues is a worry. Phone calls about leaky boilers, loose cupboard doors or blocked sinks are something no one looks forward to receiving. With our Fully Managed service we can take all these worries off your shoulders.
Our Property Management team has access to a range of contractors who are highly experienced and familiar with retirement living apartments. It will be our role to manage any issues from start to finish, communicating with you and your Tenant all the way, sourcing replacement appliances and chasing up trades people that may be late or have not turned up for pre-arranged appointments.
6 monthly inspections of your property will be carried out to ensure there are no maintenance problems we have not been made aware of, a report of which will be sent to you so you are kept up to date.
One of the biggest benefits of allowing us to manage your property is that we will negotiate on the end of Tenancy dilapidations for you. This can be quite a daunting part of being a Landlord, but we will be on hand to manage this and work towards an agreed distribution of the deposit to settle the end of the Tenancy as peacefully as possible. In the unlikely event that an agreement cannot be reached then we will hand everything over the to The Dispute Resolution Service on your behalf.
• Free no obligation market appraisal.
• Full and comprehensive Terms and Conditions will be sent to you.
• Professional advice on best rental practise and ensuring Landlord obligations are up to date (EPC, EICR, Gas Certificates, etc).
• Stunning property brochures, with detailed floorplan layouts and photographs of the individual apartment as well as the communal areas, such as the Owner’s Lounge and gardens.
• Every viewing will be personally accompanied by the Lodge or Development Manager – they will inform potential Tenants of the finer details regarding safety, security, the lifestyle on offer and will be on hand to answer any questions.
• Negotiation of the best achievable rent.
• Process potential Tenant’s references, Right to Rent checks and Independent Living assessment with the Lodge Manager.
• Prepare all documentation, including the Tenancy Agreement.
• Arrange for an independent Inventory clerk to attend and meet the Tenants for the check-in.
• Ensure we have all requirements in place to allow the exchange of Tenancy (including signed agreements and first payment).
• Transfer of Security Deposit to the Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS) and send out all prescribed information.
• Write a welcome letter to the Tenant confirming our property management contact details and maintenance arrangements.
• Liaise with Lodge Manager regarding their introduction check list.
• Collect monthly rent as and when due. Remit same to your elected Landlord client account; less management fees and approved expenses.
• Email out monthly statements.
• In the event of any rent arrears, chase Tenants, advise you of action taken and legal options available.
• 6 monthly property inspection: For the purpose of property assessment and subsequent report to Landlord. This means that the Landlord will be kept on notice with updated reports on your managed property’s condition.
• Carry out necessary routine repairs and maintenance issues subject to an agreed allowed limit.
• Serve appropriate notices as and when required.
• Arrange with all parties involved to renew or end a Tenancy.
• Process end of Tenancy procedures and dilapidations, via the TDS.